Re: Source-only uploads (was: procenv_0.9-1_source.changes REJECTED)

On 20 November 2012 11:14, Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@wrar.name> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 11:10:37AM +0000, Dmitrijs Ledkovs wrote:
>> "Source-only uploads are not allowed."
>> Why not? May I request a binNMU for the architecture (amd64) I upload?
>>
>> I currently do not have facilities to build the package in question
>> with the host running Debian's kernel.
>> For the package in question it is important to build in the same
>> environment as the rest of the packages in the distribution.
>> The sole purpose of the package is to gather as much detail about the
>> environment as possible, which has been proven to be highly valuable
>> for security analysis and fixing highly strict test-suites.
> The last iteration of this was started at
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2012/10/msg00296.html

I am sorry, if I was not clear. I am aware of the "last iteration",
but I am not enquiring about the default policy within debian as to
how we should upload by default.
I am asking why, when I had a reason to do so, was not able to do a
source-only upload.
Is this a feature of dak, or a policy enforcement?

If it's a policy enforcement, I am ok with it. Otherwise, I'd would
like to see dak accept those. I have a vague recollection of a UDD
presentations which did list count of DDs doing source-only uploads.

Regards,

Dmitrijs.