Re: major linux problems summary 2012

On 11/12/2012 03:52 PM, Karol Szkudlarek wrote:

(BTW, I plan to purchase a Lemote YeeLoong 8101B, which has only GNU/Linux
support, but haven't had news from the vendor yet.)

I've heard some time ago about Lemote laptops (aka Stallman recommendations!)
its worth attention but they have very wierd low resolution (1024x600), small
RAM (1GB) slow processor and I think it hardly usable for a developer using
modern envirotments like GNOME or KDE. Maybe for browsing net or editing text
files in emacs by Stallman is enough. ;-)

Regards, KarolSzk

BTW, I'm still using my "broken to run in Linux" design E6510 Dell Latitude
laptop. :-)

ps2.

Vincent try look on Thinkpad X220, I don't remember who but some person from
Debian recommend this to run linux 'out of the box'.

Or you could try one of the laptops from ZaReason; they specialize in designing,
building, and supporting laptops specifically intended to run Linux. I haven't
used one myself, but they look like a good outfit from what I can see, and the
laptops look decent within the somewhat limited selection available.

--
      The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
  - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger