Re: RFC on MBF (non-freeness of "The Software shall be used for Good, not Evil")

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 07:13:45PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 8. November 2012, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> > As far as I can see Mr Crockford _enjoys_ being asked to change his
> > license. So no, please don't feed the troll.
>
> As much as I think this licence is stupid (from my free software point of
> view), I don't think he should be called a troll, just because he likes
> his users to do good - even if only by his own definition.

I seem to recall reading something Crockford wrote about people who wanted
him to change their license, and coming to the same conclusion as Jakub had,
that Crockford was perpetuating the license purely to troll. However, I've
just tried to find whatever it was I read, and I can't: I can only find him
(famously) discussing the issue and how he granted a license exception to
IBM (jsonsaga.ppt and http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=763165), which is
not enough for me to come to the same conclusion. Maybe I'm mis-remembering.