Re: RFC on MBF (non-freeness of "The Software shall be used for Good, not Evil")

* Leo 'costela' Antunes <costela@debian.org>, 2012-11-08, 16:25:
Ansgar has recently made an MBF against all packages including the problematic JSON license term "The Software shall be used for Good, not Evil". From what I've seen, most - if not all - of the affected packages are using in-source libraries copyright JSON.org, which AFAIK means convincing a single author to relicense would be enough (though IANAL, of course).

Thomas Koch tried solving this issue more than two years ago[0] and upstream was apparently unwilling. Should we maybe try again?

As far as I can see Mr Crockford _enjoys_ being asked to change his license. So no, please don't feed the troll.

--
Jakub Wilk