Re: Bits from the release team - Freeze update

On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 08:09:51PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 7:54 PM, Neil McGovern wrote:
>
> > Unblocks and Freeze Policy
> > --------------------------
> > We're also reducing the acceptance criteria [RM:POLICY] - we're now only going
> > to accept:
>
> Which policy applies in the case of unblock requests that are pending
> action by the release team since before this mail? In particular I'm
> thinking of the warzone2100 one.

The policy and diff from the start can be found at
http://release.debian.org/wheezy/freeze_policy.html

> > Package Removals
> > ----------------
> > We've recently revived the practice of removing buggy leaf packages. We're
> > aiming at posting to -devel weekly a list of RC-buggy leaf packages which we
> > intend to remove. The relevant maintainers are also copied on those mails.
> > Please keep an eye on those and avoid your own packages getting in the list!
> > This activity helps, but we will be running out of leaf packages pretty soon,
> > so this is no excuse to ignore the others! Usertags can be seen at [BTS:RMTAG]
>
> It would be great to keep this up after the release too, preferrably
> in a more automated way.

It's semi-automated - the list generation exists but needs manual
checking. It would be good to have a look after the release on how
things went, what to continue etc. I expect to have a release team
retrospective, but a BoF at Debconf or a miniconf may be useful too.

Neil