Re: Introducing codesearch.debian.net, a regexp code search engine

On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 07:05:43PM +0100, Michael Stapelberg wrote:
> Hi,

Hi!

> I hereby announce a new Debian project: Debian Code Search.
>
> Debian Code Search is a search engine for program source code within
> Debian.
>
> It allows you to search all ??? 17000 source packages,
> containing 130 GiB of FLOSS source code (including Debian
> packaging) with regular expressions.

cool :)

> You can use the search engine at http://codesearch.debian.net/

nice

> I hope you find it useful and would love to hear your feedback.

yes, I think it is. it's an enabler kind of tool, people can study the
code in new ways and it has applications also in the security field. if
you consider that Debian is one of the more extended (and regularly used)
collections of software, I'm sure it will be the joy of many :)

cheers,
Domenico