Re: Poll (was: Popularity of bzr-builddeb and dh-make)

Hi,

On Fri, 12 Oct 2012 12:06:11 +0200
Benjamin Drung <bdrung@debian.org> wrote:
> I have setup a poll for it:
> https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/Popularity_of_bzr-builddeb_and_dh-make/

 Thanks! :)  voted.

 My opinion is as BTSed,
  - dh-make is still usable for 1st step. Maybe experienced/skilled developer
    don't need it (but needed it at least for me ;)

  - bzr-builddeb is, well, it seems that is useful in UDD (Ubuntu Distributed
    Development, as Ubuntu packaging guide says) way, but now it heavily
    relies on Launchpad in my point of view. And, packaging-dev can specify
    vendor-specific Recommends/Suggest in its rules, then use it for Ubuntu
    is meaningful.

    (Well, LP is quite nice and Debian should consider to introduce its good
     point (user friendly web interface, etc), but I don't want to depend on
     it, sorry).

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org