Re: Re: About the media types text/x-php and text/x-php-source

Hi Stefan,

Le Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 08:18:40PM +0200, Stefan Fritsch a écrit :
> > > * The fix for second bug #670945 (e.g. http://localhost/file not
> > > caught by mod_negotiation) was fixed in mime-support 3.52-1.1.
> >
> > The two bug reporters, the apache maintainer and me are all saying
> > that this bug should be fixed in apache or PHP, not in
> > mime-support.
>
> As pointed out elsewhere, that was a different bug. And I was not
> aware of this bug at that time.

I am referring to http://bugs.debian.org/670945#26, where you proposed
to solve the problem in /etc/apache2/mods-available/php5.conf.

> It's completely sensible for webservers that do not interpret php
> scripts themselves, to serve *.php files as application/x-php or
> text/x-php. At least it is more consistent with the handling of
> python, perl, etc.
>
> But if you don't want to do that, e.g. because you intend to remove
> the perl/java/... types, too, adding them to Apache's config is IMHO
> completely acceptable, too. The mod_negotiation problem is after all
> an Apache only problem.

If the core problem in http://bugs.debian.org/670945 is that mod_negotiation
needs any media type regardless of its content, then I would prefer the problem
to be solved in the apache or php packages.

By the way, for professional reasons, I will be hard to reach for the next two
days.

Cheers,

Have a nice day,

--