Re: Enabling uscan to simply remove files from upstream source

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 01:25:26PM +0200, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> How about resolving the empty directory problem by permitting the
> Files-Excluded to match directories?  Thus, if you want to remove the
> docs/source/fonts/ hierarchy, you would instead write:
>
> Files-Excluded:
>    docs/source/fonts/

You can certainly do this but this would leave you with the chance
that docs/source/ remains as empty directory.

> I'm worried that empty directories may be present for other reasons, and
> removing all of them would have bad side-effects.  I would prefer to not
> remove empty directories over using the find-approach above, if my
> proposal is not adopted.

Sure I would never remove simply all empty directories.  This would be
insane and finally an empty directory does not really harm.

> Thanks for doing this, I believe that having an easy way to remove files
> from upstream packages will save Debian package maintainers time and
> frustration.

I'm quite positive that I get back my time I spend into this considering
how promising it is to safe a lot of time in the future. :-)

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de