Re: CD sizes again (and BoF reminder!)

> - ftp, telnet: mostly redundant with wget and nc, unless you really like
> cleartext authentication
> - procmail: server

These are priority standard.

> - pcmciautils: PCMCIA is dead
> - jfsutils, reiserfsprogs, ufsutils: obscure
> - discover
> - openssh-server: server, not desktop
> - grub-legacy

These are all installed by d-i in various situations.

> - loop-aes-utils: loop-aes is not supported

partman-crypto still installs this.

> - sharutils: obscure; we've had MIME for 20 years
> - fakeroot, autopoint: more development
> - mtools: obscure; FAT volumes are auto-mounted
> - tcpd: server
> - module-init-tools: transitional package
> - linux-sound-base,
> - gcc-4.[56]-base
> - python2.6: 2.7 is already there

AFAICS, debian-cd does not explicitly include these, they're being
pulled in by some other packages.

> alsa-base, alsa-utils: rarely needed AFAIK

These are currently included in the desktop task.

alsa-utils stores mixer settings, so users are only puzzled by
everything defaulted to being muted once, not every boot..

> - deborphan, debfoster: obscure
> - pump
> - twm: no-one should have to suffer this
> mdetect
> - localepurge

I've removed these.

--