Re: proprietary solutions just work (Re: Report from the Bug Squashing Party in Salzburg

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 1:28 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
> On Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
>> It is *easy* to use. It works out of the box. I don't need to tell
>> people how to use it and what to install. It works with various other
>> devices. And so on..... I do not believe that your question was serious
>> anyway.
>
> Windows is *easy* to use. Windows works out of the box. I don't need to tell
> people how to use Windows and what to install. Windows works with various
> other devices. And so on..... I do not believe that your question was serious
> anyway.
>
> SCNR.

Are you sure about this? On at least two occasions I had experienced how it
doesn't work out of the box - once when installing it (everything went
well up to
the point of copying files to hdd - Windows 7 couldn't detect drivers
for DVD and
as such installation couldn't proceed), and now when my brother is starting his
PC while I'm connected to net (it wrongly assumes that I'm router).
I really don't see how it is "works out of the box".

--
darkestkhan
Feel free to CC me.