Build environment bug: 675125

Hi,

I've an interesting problem: bug #675125.
Its a grave bug against slang2, as it breaks jed, (and other things).
slang2-2.2.14-12+ (in sid) breaks jed for certain locales (C is broken,
*.UTF-8 look fine);
but slang2_2.2.14-10 (in testing) looks fine.

The trouble is, while downgrading to -10 fixes issues, _rebuilding_ -10
in sid results in a
broken libslang2 ; i.e. the problem is not the slang2 package, but the
build environment.
So far i've tested with ncurses, locale from testing but haven't found
the cause yet.

While i'm still investigating, _something_ in the sid environment is the
real culprit and
I can't assign a bug to it yet until I pin it down. Has anyone seen a
similar issue elsewhere,
or got a hint as to how to handle it? I want to make  sure we don't just
freeze on the current slang but ship the
broken environment.

best regards
Alastair

--
Alastair McKinstry  , <alastair@sceal.ie> , <mckinstry@debian.org>    http://blog.sceal.ie

Anyone who believes exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world
is either a madman or an economist - Kenneth Boulter, Economist.