Re: On the (ab)use of the Urgency field

Adam D. Barratt writes ("On the (ab)use of the Urgency field"):
> I realise everyone's waiting for news of the freeze (we're working on
> it...) but please bear in mind that this is not an appropriate use of
> the Urgency field:
>
>    * Urgency high to beat the freeze.
>
> As mentioned in the last mail we sent to d-d-a (and several at various
> points before that) if you have serious concerns that important updates
> to your package won't be included in the release, the correct approach
> is to talk to us, not try and work around us.  The net effect of the
> above is more likely to be that the urgency will be overriden on the
> britney side as if the package had been uploaded with a lower urgency.

On previous occasions the release team have said that the freeze would
be applied with respect to the /upload/ date, rather than the
/migration/ date.  Ie, packages uploaded before the freeze might
migrate afterwards unhindered, provided the other usual criteria were
satisfied.

Is this still the case ?  If so then this kind of abuse of the Urgency
field is not just inappropriate but also pointless.

It would be nice if some of this kind of thing were documented in the
Developers' Reference or perhaps on the RM webpages.

Thanks,
Ian.