Re: Announce: script to automatically restart services after update of dependencies

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Tomas Pospisek wrote:

> I want to announce restart-services here [1][2]. It's a script
> that tries to restart all services that have had their
> dependency packages updated. This is primarily useful when
> security-relevant libraries get security releases.
>
> It's using checkrestart from the debian-goodies package to do
> most of its work.
>
> Together with the unattended-upgrades package it is saving me
> a lot of system maintenance time, thus I am announcing it here
> in the hope that it will save others a lot of time as well.

Sounds useful, maybe put it in the debian-goodies package?

Also, please blacklist gdm3 and dbus since restarting them currently
kills GNOME sessions (and probably other user desktop sessions started
by gdm3).

--
bye,
pabs