Re: Version for a returning package

On 2012-05-13 11:49 +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:

> Mike Hommey, le Sun 13 May 2012 11:16:13 +0200, a écrit :
>> The versions they had by then had an epoch. Supposedly, to make the new
>> versions greater than these, I have to add an epoch. But do I really
>> need to care about making the new versions greater than these packages
>> last seen 4 years ago? (sarge EOL was in 2008)
>
> There are installed systems which upgraded from sarge up to squeeze
> which can still have the old package installed.

For the packages in question this is quite unlikely, since their
successors libnspr4-0d and libnss3-0d declared conflicts on them.
Accordingly, neither libnspr4 nor libnss3 show up on
http://popcon.debian.org/unknown/by_inst, so I think leaving out the
epoch is fine.  Not sure if dak will agree, though.

Cheers,
       Sven