Re: RFC: OpenRC as Init System for Debian

On 05/11/2012 12:53 AM, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> The reason why most old applications do not follow that approach (at
> least not yet) is pretty obvious: their authors never considered it.
> etc-overrides-lib semantics have only become a seriously considered
> alternative fairly recently.

No.

The reason is that we have FHS and the policy, so that packages
*have* to behave the same way, and for very valid reasons which have
been well described in this thread.

You have absolutely everyone (this includes very experienced DDs)
against your idea of changing a well established Debian policy, well
written in the debian policy manual. Please stop. It's going nowhere.

Thomas