Re: usefulness of ITPs (Re: mosh ITP not done, just package name taken over)

Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> writes:

> +++ Neil Williams [2012-03-26 09:17 +0100]:
>> Therefore packaging takes no time at all, it is always fully complete
>> before the code itself is even worth evaluating as useful to Debian.
>> The packaging is part of my test harness.
>
> You are only looking at this from the upstream's point of view. Most
> packaging is someone else's software. And getting it into a

By now it should be clear that packaging takes a variable amount of
time ranging from 0 to month.

Nobody said ITPs are never usefull, far from it.

But are they always usefull? Does a package that is ready for upload
already need an ITP? That is the question.

MfG
        Goswin