Re: gconftool

On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 21:38 +0200, Philipp Kern wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 12:13:55AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > On 03/24/2012 07:17 AM, Michael Banck wrote:
> > > This is a development list, please discuss user support issues or
> > > general usage questions on debian-user.
> > I don't see his rant against the gnome settings as
> > a "support issue" or "general usage".
> >
> > By the way, I agree with him about the fact gnome settings
> > are as stupid as the windows registry, and not user friendly
> > at all.
>
> And what useful contribution should this be to this list?

I think it gives an indication on which packages should be used as
default for Debian GNU/*. And I think that the Debian
preferred/recommended packages has a very large impact on upstream
developers. Of course specific UI usage issues, should not be discussed
on Debian lists. Nevertheless, Debian has a large share of the number of
users[1] out there.

[1]
{\begin rant}
Yes, these bastards using the software and reporting bugs and proposing
patches, not developing it or maintaining it ;).
{\end rant}