Re: On init in Debian

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:09:57AM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2012-03-29 02:43:33 +0200, Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez wrote:
> > $ sudo apt-get remove network-manager*
> > $ sudo apt-get install wicd wicd-curses wicd-gtk
> >                                         ^ wicd-kde ?
> > $ wicd-curses
> >
> > And enjoy your network without the NM mess :)
>
> Well, wicd has its own bugs, such as preventing a laptop from
> suspending.

Or an absolutely horrible UI, no helper for vpns, auto-reconnection not
working after a connection loss (works at boot, fortunately), randomly
taking 30 seconds to shutdown, and not able to connect to WPA
enterprise.

And this is not just years-old hearsay, like most complains about NM,
it's first-hand experience with the package currently in
wheezy/unstable.

I could file bugs, but I have so many problems that I'm better off
switching to NM.

Mike