Re: On init in Debian

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 05:04:09PM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> On 03/23/2012 12:14 PM, Chris Knadle wrote:
> > [1]   https://blip.tv/linuxconfau/beyond-init-systemd-4715015
> >
> This is very interesting, thanks for the link.
>
> What I found interesting, is when he says that all distributions are
> switching to systemd. All but ... Ubuntu.

... and everything I bothered to check, except for parts of the RPM land.
Others at most provide systemd as an optional package, like Debian, gentoo,
Arch, usually marked as thoroughly unsupported.

Distribution popularity estimates are notoriously unreliable and typically
refer to client rather than server usage, but we're talking about something
in the ballpart of a whooping 15%.

So if Poettering's world ends on Fedora and Suse, this doesn't give big
hopes for portability.

--
// If you believe in so-called "intellectual property", please immediately
// cease using counterfeit alphabets.  Instead, contact the nearest temple