Re: mass bug filing of 'deluser/delgroup: command not found' errors detected by piuparts

On 2012-03-23 04:07, Ian Jackson wrote:
> If you absolutely want a workaround an obvious one is to bodge a fake
> deluser into the piuparts setup.

I don't think working around bugs without properly documenting them
first ist a good solution. Especially for sid where we do much more
pedantic tests than for stable.

> Alternatively you could ask package
> maintainers to simply comment out the deluser line.

Right, thats another possible solution for now.

> I don't think it's reasonable to do an MBF, and request many changes
> to packages, until we know that we won't want to do soon afterwards
> another MBF on the same topic against the same packages deprecating
> the approach from the previous MBF.

Actually, we are currently down to 4 packages that fail on an
unconditional call to deluser and don't have bugs filed, yet. There were
several more when I started this thread.

sid/wheezy:
  boxbackup-server
  slurm-llnl-slurmdbd
  slurm-llnl