Re: On init in Debian

On Wednesday, March 21, 2012 11:30:21, Andres Mejia wrote:
> On Mar 21, 2012 10:57 AM, "Svante Signell" <svante.signell@telia.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 14:44 +0100, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> > > ]] Svante Signell

> themselves

> would

> > > I'd rather work on making systemd better and a better init system for
> > > Debian than to satisfy some academic desire for a comparison of init
> > > systems.
> >
> > How on earth would anybody be able to make a decision if there are no
> > comparisons between the alternatives available?

> FYI, some level of analysis between the three init systems has been done.
> See [1].
>
> 1. http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/why.html
>
> A bit of a disclaimer here, this comparison was done by a systemd
> developer. OTOH he makes quite a convincing argument for systemd.
>
> ~ Andres

There's an hour-long talk [1] the same guy gave at LinuxConf in Australia last
March, which I found informative.  This is linked to from [2], where there is
also a link to a PDF of the slides.

[1]   https://blip.tv/linuxconfau/beyond-init-systemd-4715015

[2]   http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd

  -- Chris