Re: mass bug filing of 'deluser/delgroup: command not found' errors detected by piuparts

Andreas Beckmann writes ("Re: mass bug filing of 'deluser/delgroup: command not found' errors detected by piuparts"):
> Better suggestions welcome. I'd like to give advice how to fix the buggy
> postrm scripts *now* while being aware that general changes in user
> handling may be needed later.

If you absolutely want a workaround an obvious one is to bodge a fake
deluser into the piuparts setup.  Alternatively you could ask package
maintainers to simply comment out the deluser line.

I don't think it's reasonable to do an MBF, and request many changes
to packages, until we know that we won't want to do soon afterwards
another MBF on the same topic against the same packages deprecating
the approach from the previous MBF.

Ian.