Re: On init in Debian

OoO En ce  début d'après-midi ensoleillé du mercredi  21 mars 2012, vers
15:56, Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> disait :

> How on earth would anybody be able to make a decision if there are no
> comparisons between the alternatives available? Throw a dice, rely on
> gut feelings, or what? Since everybody is so damned biased in opinions,
> I don't see any alternative to making a thorough investigation. This
> could be a useful GSoC task. If case the "experts" approve that somebody
> not senior or expert enough enough do the work. This would be much more
> intersting than writing a systemd-to-initscript converter.

I have some difficulties to  understand how a comparison which will then
be debated ad  vitam eternam could be more useful  than actual code that
will  handle  the  only  viable  argument against  switching  to  a  new
init. This systemd-to-initscript converter is a great idea.
--
Vincent Bernat ☯ http://vincent.bernat.im

 /* Binary compatibility is good American knowhow fuckin' up. */
	2.2.16 /usr/src/linux/arch/sparc/kernel/sunos_ioctl.c