Re: mass bug filing of 'deluser/delgroup: command not found' errors detected by piuparts

Andreas Beckmann writes ("Re: mass bug filing of 'deluser/delgroup: command not found' errors detected by piuparts"):
> I have revised the template to include a link to the discussion about
> not removing system users on package removal:

I think it would be better to wait with this MBF until we have sorted
out the whole problem.

>   There is ongoing discussion how to handle system users on package
>   removal, see http://bugs.debian.org/621833
>   Consensus seems to be not to remove system users (to avoid reusing
>   UIDs which could grant access to the wrong files) but to "lock" them
>   (where "locking"/"unlocking" is not yet precisely defined). Until
>   that has been decided it should be sufficient to have the postrm
>   script ignore any errors from deluser:
>     deluser ... || true

I don't think this is good advice.

Ian.