Re: On init in Debian

* Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> [120321 09:34]:
> On Mar 21, Svante Signell <svante.signell@telia.com> wrote:
> > And how do you expect non-experts be able to solve problems when they
> > pop up. Buying consultant services from the experts?
> Non-experts are not able to solve any problem, so this is not an issue.

I'm really fed up with this elitism. There are not only experts and
people knowing nothing. The is a wide range between.

By building things that either work or are impossible to fix you might
be able to finaly produce a situation like that, with dependent users
not being able to do anything and only people taking some explicit
courses able to fix things.

But that is neither was the situation currently is in the Linux world
not what it should become.

Actually I think enabling people to gradually understand the system
they use and being able to fix the problems they run into is a even
more important part of freedom than just licenses. What good is being
allowed by law to modify your system if the system itself treats you
as a child that should not mess with anything?

Where should future free software writers origin from if there is a
barrier erected between users and 'experts'?

        Bernhard R. Link