Re: On init in Debian

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 12:53:37AM +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> <disclaimer>I know almost nothing about systemd</disclaimer>
>
> I'd like people to think twice before opt-in for systemd. I just
> taked with a friend working for redhat, and he told me how much
> he hates it. He told me that if *anything* goes wrong in the boot
> process, then basically, you're stuck, because the next thing will
> be waiting forever. That's basically truth with any event based
> init, and maybe we're just fine with just dependency booting.

Oh nice!

I managed a to spark a new empty discussion, which repeats the old
arguments, but produces no code. And now there's a challenge
to start a new round of naked FUD wrestling. This was quite the
opposite of what I tried to do. Sorry.

Bugs happen. They get fixed. Life goes on. If you don't grok that,
you should disqualify yourself from doing anything with technology.

I am disappointed in myself for believing that anything good would
come from discussing anything controversial on debian-devel. Luckily,
this new realisation has sobered me so thoroghly that if I get drunk
on Irish whiskey tonight, I won't have a hungover tomorrow.

--
All my predictions will turn out to be false