Re: On init in Debian

Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> writes:

> Just for the record: We already have 30+ packages in Debian shipping
> native systemd unit files.  For a standard Debian (desktop) installation
> there are not that many sysv init scripts left, that need to be run.
> And the number of native systemd services is continually growing, thanks
> to systemd upstream pushing the mantra of including those files directly
> upstream.

> I'm mainly interested in systemd (as Tollef) and we are already working
> hard to make the integration and transition as smooth as possible.

Could you please write up how to do that as a Policy amendment similar to
what Steve did for upstart, addressing similar issues?  I'm happy to
review and second.

> Personally, I sadly noticed that all these previous discussions lead to
> nothing, so I just tried to keep out of it.

I think that's a fine decision.  I'm interested in getting the information
into Policy so that I know what to do to support upstart and systemd in my
own packages.