Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 08:07:37 +0100, Wouter Verhelst <wouter@debian.org> wrote:
> So far, I haven't seen any features in systemd that outweigh those. And
> the fact that upstream is lazy and doesn't want to do this portability
> thing shouldn't mean we should throw out our other ports.

I know it's already been mentioned in this thread, but perhaps it bears
repeating, that we use openssh, where the upstream effectively has the
same attitude when it comes to portability code in their own source
tree.  Despite that they happily work with the porting team to generate
the version that everyone uses on Linux.

Is a similar approach not possible for systemd?

Cheers, Phil.