Re: Linux 3.2 in wheezy

On Jan 30, Adam Borowski <kilobyte@angband.pl> wrote:

> lxc wasn't anywhere near feature parity with vserver/openvz then.
And it still isn't.

> It would be nice to have some documentation about how lxc is different from
> them, and how to work around bugs and limitations.  I for one spent ~10
Let's start with this: in its current form, it is not designed to
protect the host system from an untrusted root user in a guest.
So far lxc is nice for testing, but not much more.

http://blog.bofh.it/debian/id_413

> * how to execute a command in a running VM?  lxc-execute complains that the
Lack of something like VE_ENTER also makes it unsuitable for me.

>   container is busy, forcing it results in processes in both sessions not
>   seeing each other (ie, they end up in different cgroups instead of
>   entering the existing one).
AFAIK there is still no way to attach a process to an existing cgroup,
so you need to have a sshd in the guest.

--
ciao,
Marco