Re: alioth is down (again)

Hi,

On Sun Jan 29, 2012 at 20:40:57 +0100, Poison Bit wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 29, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> wrote:
>   Second, a suggestion or some brain dump about ideas on howto improve
> the issues communication:
>
>   I imagine the scenario, where some DD is trying to work from any
> place in the world. Nowadays, there are many points to check if a
> service is not working... is it my last upgrade? is it my last config
> change? is it my ISP? is it some intermediate ISP? is it the service
> that is really down? of course, this kind of email notifications are
> just fine to notify a known issue.
>
>    So I ask myself... the reason to do not run "any" public monitoring
> system, is much increase in the workload of the sysadmins ?  There are
> different approaches to do it...

There is a monitoring, but it seems most DDs and non-DDs do not care and
start to pester the admins directly [1].

URL and access to the monitoring is documented publicly.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-services-admin/2012/01/msg00003.html
--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>  | Debian System Administrator
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster