Re: proposed new pseudo-package 'debian-mentors' for handling sponsoring requests

Le Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 10:59:14PM +0100, Ansgar Burchardt a écrit :
> SUMMARY
> =======
>
> We plan to ask for the creation of a new pseudo-package
> debian-mentors or mentors.debian.org [3] (contact:
> debian-mentors@lists.debian.org) in Debian's bug tracking system (the
> name is still subject to change). A workflow for handling sponsoring
> requests is proposed below. It is based on an earlier discussion on the
> debian-mentors list[1].
>
> The workflow will also be made available on [2].
>
> [1] <http://lists.debian.org/s2svcsm447s.fsf@bistromathics.mathi.uni-heidelberg.de>
> [2] <http://wiki.debian.org/Mentors/BTS>
> [3] mentors.debian.net is not a .org service (yet). We do not intend to
>     push its transition by that right now.

Dear Ansgar and everybody,

I think that using a bug tracking system is the way to go.  I have proposed in
the past a worflow for using WNPP bugs, but having a dedicated pseudo-package
would definitely be superior.

Another point of my proposal was to ask that developers who call for
sponsorship try to review at least another package.  Please do not hesitate to
take the idea of you like it.

  http://wiki.debian.org/PackageReview

Have a nice day,

--