Re: RFC/RFR: dh-exec -- Scripts to help with executable debhelper files

Vincent Danjean <vdanjean.ml@free.fr> writes:

> Le 15/12/2011 18:33, Gergely Nagy a écrit :
>> ,----
>> | dh-exec.DEADBEEF/etc/my-package/my-package.conf /etc/my-package
>> | examples/* /usr/share/doc/my-package/examples
>> `----
>>
>> As far as I see, this should cause no ill side-effects, apart from
>> strangely named directories under debian/tmp.
> [...]
>> Let me know what you think.
>
> How to you handle --list-missing from dh_install? I use it in my
> package to be sure to detect when a new file is added by upstream.

It shouldn't affect list-missing. The => adds new files to
debian/tmp/dh-exec.BLAH/, which will be handled by dh_install anyway. So
they don't show up as false positive.

If upstream installs new files, that's entirely handled by dh_install,
and the => functionality has no effect on it at all.

(To the best of my knowledge, dh_install --list-missing will list files
under debian/tmp that weren't copied anywhere. The new stuff put there
by dh-exec-install won't show up as false positives, and it doesn't hide
mask out anything, so --list-missing should be unaffected.)