Re: Towards multi-arch: "Multi-Arch: same" file conflicts

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 12:30:45PM -0600, Peter Samuelson wrote:
> [Goswin von Brederlow]
> > Ugly, but if it works ... You only have those 2 choices for Multi-Arch:
> > same: Split the package or make the files equal.

> Well, the third choice is to assume nobody _really_ cares about
> multiarch for JNI libraries, and just drop the Multi-Arch: header.

I think it's accurate to say that no one currently cares about multiarch for
JNI libraries, just as we don't care about multiarch co-installable perl,
python, etc. extensions.

But it would be nice to identify some best practices for packing .jar files
reproducibly, so that for cases where a package would otherwise be M-A:
foreign except for a bundled .jar file, the package doesn't need to be split
just for this.