Re: mentors.debian.net runs the debexpo code now

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011, Ian Jackson wrote:

Asheesh Laroia writes ("mentors.debian.net runs the debexpo code now"):
It's live: http://mentors.debian.net/

Thanks, this looks very cool.

I have a question, from the point of view of a potential
sponsor/mentor.

How can I tell the "status" of each of these packages ? I mean: I would like to know whether anyone else has already reviewed it, or is working on it, or has uploaded it to Debian proper. Am I expected to subscribe to debian-mentors ? The "introductory page for sponsors" was a bit sparse.

Paul Wise answered this, basically -- it's kind of a mess. Debexpo doesn't really improve the situation yet.

"All" it does is give us a solid platform on top of which to build a decent solution to that problem.

Paul's list is quite comprehensive, and could serve as a blueprint for places that debexpo could harvest information from. That way, the debexpo page for a package could show the latest info from all those sources.

-- Asheesh.