Proposition to team-maintain m2crypto.

Dear Dima, and everybody,

in order to update the package euca2ools, that is used to operate virtual
machines on cloud systems such as the Amazon EC2, Eucalyptus, or OpenStack, I
would need an update of the m2crypto package.

Dima, I hope that everything is going well for you, as I have not had any answer
from you for three weeks, and as the m2crypto package is not actively maintained
(unanswered bug reports, unacknowledged NMU,…).

I would like to ask you and the developer community about the possiblity to
transfer m2crypto in a packaging team, such as the Debian Python Modules Team,
where it would be easier to join forces to keep the package up to date.
euca2ools frequently makes use of the latest functions of m2crypto, so it is
not the first time that we need to wait for an update of m2crypto in Debian in
order to move forward for euca2ools.

I am currently using a locally updated m2crypto package, and could take the
opportunity of an update to upload a package with an extended maintainer list.
Would you agree, and would there be other developers interested in maintaining
m2crypto ?

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy