Re: A few observations about systemd

[Satoru KURASHIKI]
> I don't care either of which policy (daemons should start/stop as
> its default), but It would be better that sysadmins are able to
> choose that default (in global setting somewhere like init.conf),
> and each package's /etc/default/* will override that.

This sound like an interesting idea.  It would mean adjusting
update-rc.d to recognize network services and allow admins to change
their default setup (not using /etc/default/, but changing
/etc/rc#.d/S##service to K##service) might make some admins happy.
The open question is which services should get this treatment.
Perhaps some extra LSB-style header in init.d files to flag this would
be useful?  Anyway, thank you for the proposal.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen