Re: A few observations about systemd

On Tue, Aug 02, 2011 at 08:37:03AM +0200, Vincent Bernat wrote:
> Or have a firewall configured.

A (properly configured) firewall¹ might prevent *inbound* service abuse, but
there's always a potential for a mis- or un-configured service to cause
problems on a network (*outbound* service abuse²): a contrived example might be
a DHCP server advertising leases³.

1. and we still don't supply a configured firewall with a default install
2. yes, perhaps a properly configured firewall has a default deny outbound policy, too…
3. which I expect no existing packaged dhcpd will do; hence contrived

--
Jon Dowland