Re: Multiarch in Debian unstable

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 28.06.2011, 23:22 +0100 schrieb Steve Langasek:
> I agree it would be nice, but this seems to map to the (long unsolved)
> problem of conditional depends - where you want A to pull in B only if C is
> also installed.  If you solve that, you've got the NSS module question
> solved as well.

true. And there are so many more applications of this – for all packages
that I have installed and that have language-specific extra package,
always install (and remove) those for $LANG and $LANG2; for all
{TeX,haskell,C library} packages, always install (and remove) the
corresponding doc package; for all Haskell packages always install the
corresponding profiling data package; for all library packages always
install the corresponding debugging package... but I digress.

But for now, the resume is that we put it into the sysadmin’s hand to
install nss packages for all architectures he thinks his users want to
run binaries on?

Greetings,
Joachim

--