Re: first put the packages in place, then afterwards the index files

Hi,

(CC debian-mirrors@lists.d.o, the correct place for such reports.)

On Sat, Jun 18, 2011 at 02:08:33PM +0800, jidanni@jidanni.org wrote:
> I recommend first putting the packages in place, then afterwards the
> index files.

It's not the problem here, but something related to round robin.

> After a successful apt-get update, I got upon upgrade
> Err http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ unstable/main libuuid1 i386 2.19.1-2
>   404  Not Found [IP: 64.50.236.52 80]

i.e ftp-chi.osuosl.org.

ftp-chi is not pushed from syncproxy.wna.debian.org, but sync from ftp-osl
(which is pushed).

The problem is that ftp-chi should be pushed from ftp-osl, but there is a big
delay (2 hours) between them, at least during the last sync:
http://ftp-chi.osuosl.org/debian/project/trace/

Problem notified to OSUOSL, and mirror removed from rotation.

Thanks for the report.

--
Simon Paillard