Re: packaging-dev meta package

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 07:27:33PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 7:18 PM, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Me, not anymore since it switched to debhelper7 'dh' mode. Before that,
> > it contained a number of useful debian/rules templates for "old"style
> > debhelper-only usage.
>
> dh-make still contains the long-style debhelper rules templates, as
> well as cdbs templates:
>
> dh_make --rulesformat old
> dh_make --rulesformat cdbs

I wasn't aware of that; thanks for the pointer.

> The default changing to short-style debhelper is not a good reason to
> stop using dh-make. Even if it dropped the long-style debhelper rules
> templates it could still be useful to you.

Actually, since its primary use, to me, was to have it generate a useful
debian/rules starting point (the rest I would just nuke and recreate
myself), and since I know by heart what a short-style dh7 debian/rules
file looks like, no, it would no longer be useful to me if that was the
only thing it could do.

the following formula:

pi zz a