Re: Bugs against packages from BPO

>> - from maintainers POV, would you accept that?
>
>  I've heard from very few people that would actually dislike it, but it
> would be the right way to go in so many senses.

The bugreport against the backported package at least needs to be
copied to whoever did the backport, which complicates the things. The
agreement between me and my backporters (and vice versa) is that they
are responsible for the backport.

> I think you misinterpret these release tags: Setting them on a bug
> means that the bug affects only that specific release. It happens though
> quite regularly that bugs in backports aren't backport specific but also
> affect testing/unstable, and through such an approach you would be
> hiding the bugs from that view.

That would be the backporters responsibility to check the bug and
remove/add tags as needed.

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>