Re: Anonymous read-only access and Vcs-* [Re: Alioth status update, take 3]

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 08:17:03AM +0200, Guillem Jover wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-06-05 at 20:56:25 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:

Hi,

> > The majority of published references to VCS repositories are URLs for
> > anonymous access.  Also regular Alioth users will be more aware of the
> > Alioth reconfiguration than others, and will know that they need to
> > change the read-write/push URLs.  Therefore I think it is more important
> > that the URLs for anonymous access continue to work.
>
> I concur. In addition there's way less committers (with their respective
> clones, chekouts, etc) than current anonymous cloned trees.

In general I'd agree but I think it's too late now to switch back. I for one
already started to change Vcs-* fields, fix checkouts etc. where needed.
Other people did so aswell. My guess is that we're in the middle of this nice
epic chaos and switching back now would make it even worse.
On the other hand there are all these packages in stable with broken Vcs
fields now. Still not nice but assuming that most contributions will be
based on what's in unstable that might be bearable.

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.