Re: distinguish between "core" and "main"?

On Sun, 05 Jun 2011 08:29:03 +0200, Harald Dunkel <harri@afaics.de> wrote:
> My virtualization servers themselves were running testing, too, but
> since Squeeze has been released testing is changing rapidly. Currently
> I cannot rely upon testing for server installations.

So use stable + backports for now, and once testing has settled down a
bit, and you've accumulated enough backports to make that a pain, switch
to testing.  That cycle of usage is part of what ensures that the next
release gets enough testing.

Your pipe-dream of an effortless, stable, and up to date system is just
that -- pick any two.

Cheers, Phil.