Re: Linux 3.0

OoO Lors  de la soirée naissante du  lundi 30 mai 2011,  vers 18:52, Ben
Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> disait :

> As you may have seen, the next version of the Linux kernel will be 3.0
> (or 3.0.0).  There is no significant API change; this just shortens the
> version string and marks the start of the third decade of Linux.

Are we  sure that the  change won't be  reverted later in the  RC cycle?
This change  will break  a lot  of software that  rely on  detecting the
kernel version to make some decisions. Maybe the 3.0.0 could be released
as 2.6.40 to avoid unnecessary breakages?

I do not mean not working  on supporting 3.x numbering correctly as soon
as possible.
--
Vincent Bernat ☯ http://www.luffy.cx

Keep it right when you make it faster.