Re: Alioth status update, take 3

On Wed, 25 May 2011 09:25:37 +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 10:35:00PM +0200, Roland Mas wrote:
> >   We should now be in the phase where we pretend it's done, wait for the
> > complaints,
>
> It seems than cron jobs of users need to be reinstalled.  This might not
> be a big deal but it might help to have a look into backups of old
> crontabs.
>
> I notice that the http://<project>.alioth.debian.org links are working
> again and it seems that these pages are delivered from vasks - at least
> I can find the html pages for
>
> 	blends.alioth.debian.org
> 	debian-med.alioth.debian.org

From what I can see, home directories (and repositories as well) were copied
across both machines. I tested with pkg-osm, and the website is being delivered
by wagner.

However, I wonder how should we handle websites which were backed by some
SCM?
I'm thinking about pkg-osm itself, or dex, or many others which relied on this
mechanism (debian-med too, at least when I was working on it). Now that
repositories are hosted on one machine, and everything else on another, it
seems a bit more difficult to do (or at all doable).

(also, ikiwiki is missing from wagner)

Kindly,
David

--