Re: Alioth status update, take 3

On Mon, 23 May 2011 22:35:00 +0200 Roland Mas wrote:

[...]
>   Status update for the Alioth situation:
[...]
> - read/write access to the repositories through SSH happen on
>   vasks.debian.org; the repositories have adresses that look like
>   $scm.debian.org/$scm/$project, for $scm in arch bzr cvs darcs git hg
>   svn;
>
> - anonymous read-only access to the repositories is available by HTTP
>   from wagner, at URLs that look like
>   http://anonscm.debian.org/$scm/$project for $scm in arch bzr darcs git
>   hg;
>
> - Git and Subversion also allow anonymous read-only access to the
>   repositories through a dedicated protocol, with URLs such as
>   git://anonscm.debian.org/$project/$project.git and
>   svn://anonscm.debian.org/$project/; I can't seem to get the equivalent
>   for CVS (pserver) to work right now;
>
> - repository browsers for the major SCM tools are also available from
>   wagner, see http://anonscm.debian.org/ for the links.

I apologize in advance if this is a naive question, but: does this mean
that _all_ Vcs-* control fields in _all_ packages (that have them) have
to be changed?
Does this mean that _all_ existing personal repository clones (I am
thinking about git repository clones, for instance) have to change
their remote URLs (both for read-only access via specific protocol,
such as git://, and for write access via ssh://)?

I hope that some appropriate re-directions may be set up real soon now,
so that previous URLs can continue to work as before...

P.S.: Please keep me in Cc: on replies, since I am not subscribed to
debian-devel. Thanks!

--
 http://www.inventati.org/frx/frx-gpg-key-transition-2010.txt
 New GnuPG key, see the transition document!