Re: Suspend/Hibernate Resume in debian

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 01:53:31PM +0700, Arief M Utama wrote:
> Latest try with only pm-utils package, I can do hibernate and resume
> just fine, but suspend and resume does not work, suspend ok, resume
> fail.

Hibernate is completely covered by the kernel; there is not much that
can go wrong. Suspend however needs help from the BIOS via ACPI; there
is much more that can go wrong.

> My current test system is a Sony Vaio laptop, with
> testing/unstable/experimental repository configured (I need
> experimental for gnome3 packages).

Which kernel release worked, which failed.

Bastian

--
There is an order of things in this universe.
		-- Apollo, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" stardate 3468.1