Re: 0-day NMUs for RC bugs without activity for 7 days?

On Saturday 07 May 2011 15:14:59 Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, 07 May 2011, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> > This works both ways. If a NMUer uploaded my package without a delay
> > and without a good reason[0], I want to be able to yell at him „you
> > are a jerk (according to Developers Reference)!”
>
> No.
>
> First off, I never said that the rules are there to be able to badmouth
> people. So calling someone a jerk is never a good idea.

You better stop twisting the context and artificially "teach good manners",
this is so much demotivating! You can't be serious believing Jakub will call
someone a jerk, and I seriously doubt badmouthing was his main point. Let me
decypher the message for you as you seem unable to -- the fear is whether more
RC bugs would be introduced while being *careful* to fix one via NMU.

I don't share Jakub's fears to a great extend, to be honest.

--
pub 4096R/0E4BD0AB <people.fccf.net/danchev/key pgp.mit.edu>