Re: Best practice for cleaning autotools-generated files?

* Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> schrieb:

> >> The problem is that autoreconf offers NO command line options for you to
> >> pass the required -I parameters for aclocal, nor is there a way to encode
> >> that information in the one place where it could conveniently live
> >> (configure.ac) AFAIK.
> >
> > So, more precisely: autoreconf lacks an important feature would like
> > to see.
>
> I don't think this is the case -- others have already explained how to
> achieve the goals above.  If you still believe something is missing in
> autoreconf, please report it to upstream so it can be fixed.

I was just summing up what I learned from this thread for now.

Let's repeat this: (correnct me if I'm wrong)

Autoconf (w/o automake) offers no means to tell additional m4
include pathes (eg. in configure.ac), so that just calling
autoreconf (w/o any additional parameters!) can do a full
regeneration all on its own.

Right ?

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt@metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666